Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cake Pops!




How cute are they???  I love to just browse around and see all the variation people come up with.  There are so many creative ways to match your party or personality...  I first had cake pops last year made by a classmate.  To be honest I hated did not like it!  I described it as chewed up cake?! (who invented this was nuts)  I immediately googled it when I got home, (maybe she did it wrong, it looked so good) but no, there was the recipe... simply cake crumbs and frosting.  I don't think I ever told you, but I prefer not to have frosting-- makes things a little too sweet for me (yes I just scrape it all off sometimes!)

How was I ever be able to recreate this art on a stick in a way that I would enjoy eating?  Well I'm glad you asked!!  Using frosting not only made it too sweet for me, but it also had this wet mushy texture I wasn't too happy about.  I thought, what about chocolate???  And that is exactly what I did.  I melted some white chocolate chips and used it instead of frosting.  It didn't make it any less sweet, tough it eliminated the mushy texture.  It was much pleasant to my taste.  Besides, who doesn't love chocolate?  I know I do... I'm a chocolate lover loud and proud!!!!  I didn't take any pictures (i know bummer), but trust me they didn't look anywhere as good as the ones on google, like this other one.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love hearing what you have to say!!!