Recent Posts

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Lasagna Style CrockPot Pasta

I was craving crock-pot lasagna but I totally forgot to buy lasagna pasta.  Lucky me I had all the other ingredients and pasta!  Since the recipe for crock-pot lasagna calls for no cook lasagna, before I ventured with the hard pasta I googled if in fact the crock-pot would cook the pasta throughly.  I found tons of responses to my question and didn't really know which one to trust, so I decided to trust my gut and cooked the past half way so the other half would just cook in the crock-pot and that way it would be just right.  I didn't follow a specific recipe, just my regular pasta sauce I always make (plus additional tomato sauce).  Here is some pictures of the semi-finished product...
I'll have to updated ya on the taste later because it is still cooking!  Have you made pasta in the crock-pot before?  What were your experiences?

Happy Saturday !!!

UPDATE:  Pastalagna (the hubbie came up with that) was a success!!! I was afraid the pasta was going to be soggy but it was perfect... It was gone in a day and a half, so I would say that's a good sign.

2 comments:

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

Oh, this looks so yummy! I need to experiment with a crock pot sometime!

Unknown said...

I love it you just throw it in and forget about it and there are so many good recipes out there!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love hearing what you have to say!!!