Recent Posts

Friday, July 16, 2010

Pave, or so they call it, American Ice Cream

So first of all, what is with that name?  I've been in the US for quite a while and never saw this dessert on any restaurant menus or dinner parties.. ( not that i've been to many anyways)
But here is the recipe of this delicious dessert that up til now I've only had it when my dear sister made it.  (i can't quite remember if my mom made it back in the day, but she certainly haven't made it for as long as I can remember)
PS: I'm translating the recipe from Portuguese to English so it might be worded a little weird, but just go with or ask me question.. There will also be pictures if it's too confusing.
Pave
1st  layer
1 Can of condensed milk
1 can of milk (just measure with the condensed milk can)
3 egg yolks (save the egg whites because you will use it for the last layer)

Pour everything in a sauce pan and make a pudding (what that means is to mix it in like a medium heat until it thickens some what). BTW before I poured into the sauce pan, I mixed it with the mixer just to make sure the yolks were broken and smooth.  (the recipe really doesn't call for that but I wanted to make sure)














After that is ready pour it on a rectangular glass pan and reserve it.
2nd layer
1 cup of milk
3 tablespoon of cocoa powder (I used dark chocolate hot chocolate powder)
1 pack of champagne cookie (I had to use two to cover the whole pan)

Mix the milk and the cocoa powder, wet the cookie in the mixture and arrange them carefully on top of the 1st layer.














3rd layer
3 egg whites (told you!)
1 can of Media Crema (you can find it at a Mexican store or the Mexican aisle)
3 tablespoons of sugar

 Beat the egg whites until they are fluffy and if you turn the bow it won't fall ( i forgot what is called right now).  Then add the sugar and keep mixing it for another minute.  After that fold it the Media Crema with a spatula.  Last pour it on top of layer #2.

Now cover it with aluminum foil or wrap plastic and stick it in the freezer until it hardens.  I let it chill over the night, since I made it at ten o'clock.

Oh a variation for the second layer would be vanilla wafers, or maybe any cookie of your choice if you are feeling daring enough. Also leave the cookie out and just pour in the chocolate (I'll have to ask my sister for this one, cuz I'm sure is not only a chocolate milk).

ENJOY!!!!
'til next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love hearing what you have to say!!!