Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Brazilian Style Fruit Salad {Must Try}

As you all know I'm brazilian( yes, born and raised).  I've been in the US for a little over 8 years.  I grew up eating tropical fruits and all things fresh (and I'm talkin about fresh out of the water fished by my dad and uncles).  Coming here was a big transition, and thou it wasn't a big deal when I first came, since I was still a kid, now I'm starting to miss things more and more; which explains me venturing in the kitchen to help me cope with missing our amazing culinary.  Now don't get me wrong, I love me, some pizza, cheeseburgers and fries, and in fact my favorite dish today, is meatloaf with squash and sweet corn (something I never even dreamt of in Brazil).  Brazilian cusine just takes me back to my childhood and a place that I cherish and hold dearly close to my heart!!



Here is what I used:

half of a papaya
a whole pineapple
two mangoes
two kiwis
a few strawberries
one apple
two bananas
juice of a giant lemon (to prevent
fruits from darkening)
and a cup of orange juice


Top Secret: drizzle condensed milk on top of your serving (that's the creamy looking thing on the pics) to take it up a notch of yummy-ness :-)


2 comments:

Steph said...

Looks good! I just started following . . . saw your blog on Teachers have class and style.

~Stephanie

http://kindergartendressup.blogspot.com/

Purple Hippos Cakes!!! :-D said...

I definitely thought that fruit salad had sweetened condensed milk on it...ick

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love hearing what you have to say!!!